Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cherry Berry Plum Water? {simply refreshed}


You know the flavored waters that you buy at the market? So many of them are packed with ingredients that I would rather not digest and there is enough sugar in them to raise your insulin level..LOL. Not to mention all of the food coloring and artificial flavorings that are added. Ok, so to make a long story short I decided to make my own version of flavored water with fresh cherries, plums, and strawberries. It's light, it's refreshing, and delicately sweet!



Cherry Berry Plum Water
6 Strawberries, diced
1 Plum, diced
18 Cherries, pitted
4 C. Filtered Water
2-3 Tbsp. Agave Nectar or Honey
Mesh Strainer

Directions: Simply blend/liquify your fruit in your blender along with your water. Strain into a medium sized bowl. Be sure to press out the juice from the pulp with a spoon to get as much juice out of the pulp. Sweeten your water with agave nectar or honey. Serve chilled or over ice cubes. Garnish each glass with whole cherries!

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of these in their bottles with the plopped-in cherries. I'm buying into the healthy angle just so I can have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my God, I am salivating over here, pics say a thousand words

    ReplyDelete